Senior Storage/System Engineer (Ceph)
CloudFerro provides innovative cloud services. We build cloud computing platforms, processing multi-petabyte repositories of Earth Observation satellite data, for specialized market segments, such as the European space sector.
We offer elastic cloud solutions in a public, private or hybrid cloud deployment model, customized to meet user needs. Our tailor-made platforms are cost-effective, come with an extensive range of ancillary services and dedicated technical support.
Our solutions are used by leading European firms and scientific institutions from various market sectors, which process big data, including the European Space Agency (ESA), the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF), Mercator Ocean International, German Aerospace Centre (DLR), the EGI, and many others.
We are constantly evolving, and we are currently looking for a team member for a position of:
Senior Storage/System Engineer (Ceph)
Do you like to look „under the hood” and understand the technologies we use?
… Or maybe you participate in meetups on the topics of our interests?
… Or do you have an interesting code to use in the cloud, and would you like to show off?
We value analytical thinking, engineering reliability, and independence the most
Outstanding candidates have the opportunity to negotiate salary.
Place of work: Warsaw
What will your daily tasks look like?
- Designing and testing new functionalities within the Storage department
- Designing and creating new clusters
- Developing tools responsible for the proper functioning of systems
- Caring for the continuity of operation of the storage infrastructure based on Ceph technologies
- Responding to current problems in the infrastructure
- Standardization and automation of infrastructure
- Updating system documentation
Our technology stack:
Ceph, Ansible, Git, OpenStack, Prometheus, Nginx, ELK, Docker, Linux, Bash, Nginx, Haproxy, Python, C++, Proxmox
What do we expect from you?
- Experience with Ceph
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience in monitoring applications using Prometheus
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in working with private and public clouds
- Knowledge of Linux or derivatives
- Knowledge of Python / C ++
- Knowledge of Git
- Analytical skills to create new solutions
- Fluent knowledge of the English language
Additional Skills that will be of value:
- Experience with OpenStack, ELK
- Contribution to the development of the Opensource technology - in particular, the Ceph
Our perks and benefits:
- Developing interesting projects based on space exploration
- Cooperation with the best specialists in their field
- Challenging work with new technologies with full IT facilities
- Possibility to implement your ideas and projects Informal and friendly working atmosphere in the office by the Vistula River
- Attractive salary based on stable forms of employment
- Multisport card and private medical care
Don't forget to add to your CV:
„I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realizing the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
If you are interested in participating in future recruitments, please also add:
"I also consent to the processing of my personal data for future recruitment."
The administrator of personal data processed as part of the recruitment process is CloudFerro limited liability company, Nowogrodzka 31 street, 00-511 Warsaw.