Senior Kubernetes Engineer
CloudFerro provides innovative cloud services. We build cloud computing platforms, processing multi-petabyte repositories of Earth Observation satellite data, for specialized market segments, such as the European space sector.
We offer elastic cloud solutions in a public, private or hybrid cloud deployment model, customized to meet user needs. Our tailor-made platforms are cost-effective, come with an extensive range of ancillary services and dedicated technical support.
Our solutions are used by leading European firms and scientific institutions from various market sectors, which process big data, including the European Space Agency (ESA), the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF), Mercator Ocean International, German Aerospace Centre (DLR), the EGI, and many others.
We are constantly evolving, and we are currently looking for a team member for a position of:
Senior Kubernetes Engineer
What will your daily tasks look like?
- implementation, maintenance, and monitoring (troubleshooting) of Kubernetes containers (clusters) for internal and external clients
- support for developers in migrating applications to the Kubernetes environment
- testing new versions of Kubernetes and planning to upgrade environments
We expect from You:
- good knowledge of Linux and related technologies
- Git experiences
- Terraform experiences
- experience in designing and launching CI / CD flows (preferably GitLab CI)
- experience in monitoring applications using Prometheus
- basic network knowledge (L3 with static routing) and experience in solving problems
- experience with the life cycle of Kubernetes containers and the life cycle of applications deployed on Kubernetes containers
- good understanding of the core Kubernetes ideas available to developers such as StatefulSet, Deployments, Services
- good understanding of the layer connecting Kubernetes with cloud solutions (cloud load balancers, DNS management, networks) OR experience in running Kubernetes on physical servers. (dedicated, local)
- fluent knowledge of the English language
An additional advantage will be:
- Knowledge of Python, Go, OpenStack and Ceph, Prometheus Operator and Thanos, ArgoCD, cert-manager, external-dns, SealedSecrets and HashiCorp Vault, knowledge of the network (overlay network, dynamic routing)
In return, we offer you:
- the possibility of creating new solutions from scratch and conducting research and development works
- cooperation with the best specialists in their field
- work in product teams focused on improving specific solutions
- gaining international experience in the space sector - one of the most promising markets of the 21st century
- informal and friendly working atmosphere in the office by the Vistula River
- attractive salary based on stable forms of employment
- rich social package - medical care, parking, fruit at work, multisport, chillout room
Don't forget to add to your CV:
„I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realizing the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
If you are interested in participating in future recruitments, please also add:
"I also consent to the processing of my personal data for future recruitment."
The administrator of personal data processed as part of the recruitment process is CloudFerro limited liability company, Nowogrodzka 31 street, 00-511 Warsaw.