CloudFerro provides innovative cloud services. We build cloud computing platforms, processing multi-petabyte repositories of Earth Observation satellite data, for specialized market segments, such as the European space sector.
We offer elastic cloud solutions in a public, private or hybrid cloud deployment model, customized to meet user needs. Our tailor-made platforms are cost-effective, come with an extensive range of ancillary services and dedicated technical support.
Our solutions are used by leading European firms and scientific institutions from various market sectors, which process big data, including the European Space Agency (ESA), the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF), Mercator Ocean International, German Aerospace Centre (DLR), the EGI, and many others.
We are constantly evolving, and we are currently looking for a team member for a position of:
Are you a Python Developer with a system administrator mindset?
Do you like to look „under the hood” and understand the technologies we use?
… Or maybe you participate in meetups on the topics of our interests?
… Or do you have an interesting code to use in the cloud, and would you like to show off?
We value analytical thinking, engineering reliability, and independence the most
Outstanding candidates have the opportunity to negotiate salary.
Place of work: Warsaw
What will your daily tasks look like?
- designing, developing, testing, and tuning cloud environments (including the creation of new functionalities) for customers around the world
- solving the most difficult system problems, including "0 day"
- standardization and automation of infrastructure
- developing good system practices
- close cooperation with SysAdmins and Development over the configuration and administration of systems and networks
Our technology stack:
Openstack (including: OVN,OVS), Ceph, Kubernetes, Linux, Cummulus Linux, Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Git, GitlabCI, Jenkins, Nginx, Prometheus, Zabbix, Apache, Grafana, Redis, RabbitMQ, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Python, C, C++, golang, Bash
What do we expect from you?
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of Openstack (including various deployment and upgrade methods) or Ceph or Kubernetes
- experience in administering Linux operating systems (including Python, shell)
- knowledge of IaC tools (Ansible, Git, Terraform, Kolla / Kolla-Ansible)
- knowledge of good practices and monitoring tools (preferred: Prometheus + Grafana)
- analytical thinking skills
- ability to use English in daily tasks
Additional Skills that will be of value:
- practical experience in the production of a software-defined data center (including bare metal sharing)
- knowledge of SDN, e.g. Contrail / Tungsten Fabric (based on experience in implementations/maintenance)
- the ability to develop OpenStack websites, supported by commits in the upstream (creating good quality code, cooperation with the community, knowledge of lifecycle, tools, etc.)
- experience in building and maintaining a scale rating (min. Several hundred computes) on OpenStack
- experience in building and maintaining large-scale dispersed storage (min. Several dozen PB; preferred Ceph, but we also appreciate practical experience with other types of technologies)
- the ability to scale and tune OpenStack or Ceph in many dimensions
- experience in working with MySQL / PostgreSQL databases (high availability and replication techniques)
- knowledge of DevOps practices and tools
Our perks and benefits:
- the possibility of creating new solutions from scratch and conducting research and development work
- cooperation with the bests of the best 😊
- working with new technologies with full IT support
- an informal and friendly working atmosphere near the Vistula river
- attractive salary based on stable forms of employment
- gaining international experience in the space sector - one of the most promising markets of the 21st century
Don't forget to add to your CV:
„I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realizing the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
If you are interested in participating in future recruitments, please also add:
"I also consent to the processing of my personal data for future recruitment."
The administrator of personal data processed as part of the recruitment process is CloudFerro limited liability company, Nowogrodzka 31 street, 00-511 Warsaw.